Give Wonder Woman a Break
By Nicole Buice
Executive, Girlfriend, Partner, Wife, Mother, Chef, Event Planner, Taxi Driver, Errand Runner, Care Taker…
Often in life, the simplest task poses the greatest challenge. We’ve all heard the saying, “Don’t sweat the small stuff.” It seems simple, but there are times in life when we could all use a little help. You can have it all, but you can’t always do it all.
Simple, yet sometimes forgotten, reminders for busy women:
1. Give yourself a break – We are not super heroes. Don’t feel bad for saying no. Your time is just as valuable as anyone else’s. When you say no once in while, it reminds people of this.
2. Get organized – Closets, drawers, kitchens, bathrooms, home offices. A cluttered home is a cluttered mind. Remove the unwanted and unnecessary and donate to charity. Peace of mind means having more time!
3. Get help – Hire someone to do the chores or errands that you don’t have the time or the desire to handle. Grocery shopping, picking up the dry cleaning, being home when the cable man arrives, planning a dinner party, even shopping and gift wrapping.
4. Set priorities – Set goals for the month, week and day. Know that if something gets pushed until tomorrow it’s not the end of the world. Life goes on. Really!
5. Enjoy! – In these busy times when we are doing more than ever for everyone else, we need to make sure to take time for ourselves. Relax or at least do something you love, even if you only have 15 minutes. If we do not recharge our own batteries, there’s not much we can do for others.
Buice is a marketing consultant with At Your Service Atlanta, LLC.
July 19th, 2023
July 1st, 2023
May 16th, 2023
February 23rd, 2023
January 26th, 2023