Want To Be A Little PINK Book Intern?!
We deliver career tools, tactics and strategies, along with inspiring stories to support women in their efforts towards more success at work and more joy in life. No other global online community, monthly PINKnote and event series focuses exclusively on women’s professional development like us!
PINK internships provide valuable, real world training that includes –
- Training that would be given in an educational environment;
- The opportunity to create, edit and publish press releases;
- Managing and handling social media accounts, as well as collaborate with PR/Social Media agencies to bring America’s top businesswomen to PINK events and to obtain prestigious sponsorships;
- Assist with planning and logistics of special events held throughout the semester;
- Innovate unique marketing tactics and ideas;
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
- Opportunity for professional development and to network with business leaders around the nation;
- Learn how to work in a collaborative environment and contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
We are seeking ambitious, smart and enthusiastic interns with a can-do attitude. We are currently accepting applications for the following internship position:
- Marketing/Public Relations/Event Planning/Editorial/Graphic Design
Candidates should be available to work Wednesdays and Fridays or 15 hours per week, but we are flexible. All of our internships are unpaid, however we do offer college credit hours to qualifying students seeking educational development – we hope that’s you!
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship.
To apply for an internship with us, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, please specify your name, semester and year you are applying for, and school.) We work on a first-come, first-served basis. Applying early will increase your chances of being selected.
Deadlines for Application:
Fall: Applications taken during preceding June and July of each calendar year
Spring: Applications taken during preceding November of each calendar year
Summer: Applications taken during preceding March and April of each calendar year
NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants, Little PINK Book will only contact selected candidates for interviews. Applicants may re-apply for future internship sessions.
Ideal Majors: Journalism, Public Relations, English, Event Planning, Marketing, Advertising, Sales
Little PINK Book is looking for an undergraduate student in the Atlanta area who is majoring in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Event Planning or Business. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and Social Media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position. If a candidate is interested in editorials they should submit a writing sample. Candidates must be able to work Wednesdays and Fridays at least 15 hours/per week in our Atlanta office.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Writing articles for the website, LittlePINKBook.com
• Conducting interviews and research for articles
• Researching potential editorial topics
• Assisting with social media initiatives
• Working with event planners and the marketing team to coordinate events
• Supporting the sales team with updates for PINK’s online business community, website and other social media outlets
• Creating press releases and increasing brand awareness
• Assisting in updating media kits and marketing materials with latest research and statistics
• Performing administrative tasks, including data entry, shipping and team support
• Assist in the distribution and/or delivery of marketing materials
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Prepare presentations
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of the business and career world.
PINK Past Intern Experience
I handled administrative tasks as well as communicating with high-level executives from well-known companies and our PR and social media partners. This experience has been absolutely incredible and the CEO, Cynthia Good, who I worked next to each day gave the best advice and guidance for how to proceed in the career world. I would recommend this internship to any student who wants to learn how to do everything within a company! – Marisa Hann
The editorial internship at PINK was an invaluable experience. Interning for PINK not only gave me more confidence as a writer, but also the opportunity to meet and network with some very inspiring career women. I am honored to have work published in LittlePINKBook, and I will be forever grateful for the experience. -Louise Cook
When I signed on as an intern for PINK, I never knew that the experience would be so rewarding. This internship fostered creativity and independence – two traits that, I believe, probably exist as rarities in other companies and I still can’t believe how lucky I was to work here. -Past PINK intern
I don’t know where my career will take me, but the brief time I spent at PINK this summer challenged and, more importantly, inspired me. -Jennifer Gambrell