10 Blackberry Commandments
Is life in the wireless zone lowering your libido? Are your children jealous of the time you spend with your PDA? Step away from the BlackBerry – at least every once in a while.
By Joey Reiman
1. Thou shalt not take the BlackBerry to any table with food on it or family around it. A BlackBerry is not a fruit, nor does it come from a tree.
2. Thou shalt not use the BlackBerry as reading material in the event of insomnia. It will only worsen your situation.
3. Thou shalt not BlackBerry in lieu of responding to a child’s request (e.g., “Wait a second, I’m reading something.”).
4. Thou shalt not place the BlackBerry within distance of hearing its incessant beeps while at home. It is not a bird.
5. Thou shalt not check BlackBerry as if it were your baby. It will not cry or stop breathing.
6. Thou shalt not confuse number of e-mails with self-worth.
7. Thou shalt do everything possible to misplace your BlackBerry on weekends. “There’s No Place Like Home” will never be the tagline for the BlackBerry company.
8. Thou shalt remember that a BlackBerry is not a body appendage. It is a device that belongs in your briefcase or on your desk, and not in social settings.
9. Thou shalt refrain from bringing the BlackBerry to events involving family interaction. Extraneous dialogue with this contraption in lieu of real conversation suggests addiction.
10. Thou shalt never, ever, ever bring the BlackBerry to bed. Do this and you are BlackBuried!
Joey Reiman is a leading authority on purposeful excellence in business. He is CEO of the global marketing consultancy BrightHouse and teaches purpose and ideation at Goizueta Business School, Emory University.
This article originally appeared in the August.September 2005 issue of PINK Magazine.
2023 Insights From Julie ByrdMarch 2nd, 2023
Business Luck Is On The Way!March 1st, 2023
5 Hidden PR Fees To Look ForFebruary 1st, 2023
Trade School Training For Wome...January 10th, 2023