2022 Insights From Monica Kaufman Pearson
Meet PINK’s Signature Spring Empowerment Event Moderator
PINK’s Signature Spring Empowerment Event is coming up soon, and registrations are filling up fast for the big, May 5th event! Our featured speaker is Carla Harris, Vice Chair, Morgan Stanley Global Wealth Management, and this high-powered panel discussion is sure to inspire and connect you with like-minded professionals. Plus, our moderator is Monica Kaufman Pearson, Veteran Atlanta Journalist.
Monica is the first woman and first minority to anchor the daily evening news in Atlanta, Georgia, where she worked for 37 years at the leading station, WSB-TV. She now hosts and produces Monica Pearson One on One, a monthly personality interview program for Gray Media Group.
We recently caught up with Monica and asked her a few questions. Here are some insights she shared with us from that interview:
What are three, specific things women can do now to move them closer to their goals?
1. Continue education to stay current, whether it be through seminars, actual college and university courses… gain knowledge.
2. Volunteer for company-supported charities, as well as those that impacted your life.
3. Schedule in “Me” time. If you don’t take care of yourself, who else will? Put that mani-pedi-, facial massage on your calendar at least once a month, get pampered and rest, and turn off your cell phone.
2. What were the biggest obstacles for you?
Being Black and Female some would say, especially in an industry that, in the beginning, saw women and women of color as window dressing. I saw both of my so-called negatives as positives because I was different and because I didn’t look like everyone else and didn’t blend in. Instead, I stood out. That made me memorable, coupled with how I did my job, with excellence.
3. What helped you break through?
Being visible in the community and not just on air. I would speak at schools, civic group meetings, judge contests, participate in races, and volunteer at organizations like Meals on Wheels Atlanta and the Girl Scouts. People got to know me off the air and that helped my ratings grow on the air.
Thanks Monica! (Learn more about Monica here.)
Want to meet Monica in person? Reserve your ticket today at PINK’s Signature Spring Empowerment Event!
December 1st, 2023
November 1st, 2023
October 18th, 2023
October 1st, 2023
September 1st, 2023